Audiologists and speech-language pathologists will be able to earn up to 2.85 CEUs from the American Speech & Hearing Association (ASHA) by attending an online conference called “Audiology 2011″ from October 12–24, 2011.
Audiology 2011 will provide audiologists and speech-language pathologists with in-depth discussions on Audiologic Rehabilitation (AR) for Adults. The broad range of topics will include:
- audiovisual speech perception and how this can impact speech reading in older adults
- the social psychology of acquired hearing loss with implications for practice
- the value of including communication partners in the AR process
- rehabilitation for auditory processing difficulties among adults
- accommodating the needs of adults with hearing loss in the workplace
- auditory training
- the importance and evidence behind effective counseling
- evaluation of the evidence and cost-effectiveness supporting the inclusion of AR services
- subjective and objective measures of hearing aid outcomes
For more information and system requirements, go to Audiology 2011.
The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) is promoting “Better Hearing and Speech” in the month of May. This annual event provides opportunities to raise awareness about communication disorders and to promote treatment that can improve the quality of life for those who experience problems with speaking, understanding, or hearing.
For resources to help your facility celebrate Better Hearing and Speech month, go to http://www.asha.org/bhsm/
Chart Links, a provider of rehabilitation workflow management software, announces the selection of its electronic therapy documentation and scheduling system by a team of 25 audiologists, speech therapists and pediatric occupational therapists at Providence Speech and Hearing Center, a not-for-profit leading provider of services to the speech and hearing impaired of Orange County, California. The software implementation will include functionality for electronic therapy documentation, cross-discipline therapy scheduling, referrals, insurance authorizations and charges. It also includes a patient demographic and billing interface to the existing practice management system.
“Our mission is to enrich life through the gifts of speech and hearing,” says Linda H. Smith, CEO of Providence Speech and Hearing Center. “Because of the efficiencies we’ll gain by automating our administrative and clinical workflows with Chart Links, we’re projecting an increase in patient load and a drastic reduction in our wait list of 1000 patients, all of whom are children.”
In 2008, Providence provided services to more than 21,000 people. Approximately 80% of Providence Speech and Hearing Center’s work is dedicated to low-income patients who are either uninsured or underinsured.
“We selected Chart Links over other systems because it was built for therapists practicing in an outpatient setting,” says Smith. “By enhancing their productivity, we expect to increase our time spent with patients and improve outcomes.”
Chart Links software streamlines all of the daily tasks associated with a patient’s physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech language pathology, or audiology visit. The software manages adult and pediatric therapy treatment by automating evaluations, flow sheets, plans of care, progress notes, patient education, and clinical correspondence. It also manages payer compliance, provider reimbursement, outcomes reporting, administrative functions, business intelligence and enterprise productivity.
About Chart Links, LLC
For 15 years, Chart Links has developed rehabilitation software that automates workflow for referrals, insurance authorizations, cross-discipline scheduling, documentation, charges, and more. Chart Links allows medical rehabilitation facilities to be more efficient and to provide a higher quality of care by delivering results in the areas of compliance, outcomes, analytics and revenue.http://www.chartlinks.com?source=prweb
About Providence Speech and Hearing Center
Founded in 1965 by Sister Margaret Anne Inman Ph.D., Providence Speech and Hearing Center is the leading service provider to the speech and hearing impaired of Orange County, California. With over 40 years of experience, Providence has grown from a one room house to a multi-million dollar non-profit organization. Providence served over 21,000 appointments in 2008 to over 3,200 unique patients. They offer a full array of speech and hearing services for children and adults alike; and, because they believe everyone deserves the gifts of speech and hearing, they accept most major insurance companies and medical groups as well as providing grants, scholarships and financing options for patients from low-income families. http:// http://www.pshc.org
Chart Links offers software that simplifies the management of an audiology clinic.
In addition to our administrative and financial features like patient registration, referral management, insurance authorization, cross-discipline scheduling, charges, reporting/analytics, and outcomes, we offer the following audiology-specific features.
- Audiology Evaluations. Standard audiology evaluation forms library (i.e., hearing loss, hearing aid assessment). Contains numerous sections with the ability to customize into sets and forms.
- Device and Inventory Tracking. Monitor devices like hearing aids, hearing aid accessories and batteries. Track stock, new orders, returns and repairs.
- Audiology Patient Education. Print-on-demand patient handouts (i.e., home programs). Instructional and educational materials are available for customization and distribution. Ability to scan-in existing sheets or create-your-own. Ability to interface to third-party electronic formats.
- Appointment Recalls. Electronically manage appointment reminders for periodic hearing exams.
- Scheduling. Ability to schedule patient with Audiologist, hearing/screening booth and audioscope in one easy-to-use feature.
- Patient Arrival Notification. Audiologist may receive a page on his/her beeper to be notified when a patient has checked in at the front desk. Great for time management when an audiologist is in the hearing booth.
- Authorizations. Monitor authorized visits for hearing evaluation and follow-up visits.
- Compliance. Support of compliance efforts with JCAHO, CARF, HIPAA and other rehabilitation professional standards. Helps ensure compliance with Medicare CCI edits and time tracking while documenting.
Contact us to schedule a one-on-one demonstration of how our software works for speech and hearing centers.
Chart Links has launched version 5 of its outpatient rehabilitation workflow management and clinical documentation product. The therapy software release includes features like flow sheet documentation, a fresh user interface, enhanced time tracking and patient appointment reminders.
“We’re proud to release technology that further enables medical rehabilitation practitioners to improve patient care, measure clinical outcomes and be more efficient,” says Ron Miller, M.D., President and Chief Medical Officer of Chart Links. “We’re committed to developing comprehensive solutions that meet the complex and cross-disciplinary workflows of outpatient rehab care.”
Chart Links Rehabilitation Software is used in charting patient progress for physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech-language pathology and audiology. It handles the entire outpatient rehabilitation workflow including scheduling, insurance authorization, referral management, treatment documentation, charges, outcomes, reporting and compliance.
Read our press release about Version 5 of Chart Links Rehabilitation Software.