ASHA Offers Online Conference for Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists
Audiologists and speech-language pathologists will be able to earn up to 2.85 CEUs from the American Speech & Hearing Association (ASHA) by attending an online conference called “Audiology 2011″ from October 12–24, 2011.
Audiology 2011 will provide audiologists and speech-language pathologists with in-depth discussions on Audiologic Rehabilitation (AR) for Adults. The broad range of topics will include:
- audiovisual speech perception and how this can impact speech reading in older adults
- the social psychology of acquired hearing loss with implications for practice
- the value of including communication partners in the AR process
- rehabilitation for auditory processing difficulties among adults
- accommodating the needs of adults with hearing loss in the workplace
- auditory training
- the importance and evidence behind effective counseling
- evaluation of the evidence and cost-effectiveness supporting the inclusion of AR services
- subjective and objective measures of hearing aid outcomes
For more information and system requirements, go to Audiology 2011.